COVID19 UPDATEDuring the COVID19 pandemic I will be continuing to practice remotely using Zoom. I will continue teaching and seeing clients using this technology. Please wash hands, practice physical distancing to "flatten the curve" and above all take care of yourselves and each other!
Children, Teenagers and Families:
- Behavior Problems
- Legal Problems
- Substance Abuse
- Family Conflict
- School Problems (Behavior, Grades, and Attendance)
- Depression and Anxiety
- ADHD and Bipolar Issues
- Parenting Children with Emotional Challenges
- Depression and Anxiety
- Trauma and It’s Effects
- Relationship Issues
- Young Adult Life / Transitions
- Issues Related to Oppression and Social Identity – Sexual Orientation, Gender, Race, etc
10 Ways I Can Help:
- Focusing on strengths as well as problems
- Believing strongly in the ability for things to change and get better
- Identifying the direction you want to go in and helping you get there
- Focusing on solutions that reflect your values and your actual life circumstances
- Being a friendly, experienced “team player” who advocates for you and your family
- Understanding “what works” having worked with many issues over the years
- Facilitating changes that last after therapy is over.
- Offering new ideas, understanding and strategies
- Supporting you to feel better within 3 sessions*
- Genuinely caring!
*Results may vary but generally you will experience more hope and support within the first few meetings – no one needs one more place to feel unhappy and therapy should be helpful – not another source of stress!
- I’ve been a family and individual therapist for over 25 years
- I am a Fellow of the Child Trauma Academy in Houston, TX and a Phase II / TTT Trained NMT™ practitioner
- I am an Adjunct Associate Professor at Smith College School for Social Work
- I graduated from the Umass Amherst with an M.Ed in Counseling and Smith College School for Social Work with an MSW.
- I’m a former supervisor and director of in home therapy and therapeutic residential programs for youth in CT and MA
- I’m a former Outward Bound Instructor and Peace Corps Volunteer
- I have a lifelong commitment to social justice and serving people with diverse social and cultural backgrounds and identities
- My approach is strength based and family-focused (I believe strongly in family voice and choice)
- I identify the strengths and resources that your family has for solving problems.
- I am very comfortable with challenge and complexity in children and families
- I combine behavioral, relational, and dynamic approaches
- I offer practice support and concrete ideas for helping things improve.
- I have worked with and supported many clients to get on safer, steadier ground
- I am happy to talk with you further about my practice, style and approach
My office is located at 8 Trumbull Rd, Northampton MA 01060
I currently accept clients with the following insurance plans:
- Mass Health: MBHP; Tufts; BMC HealthNet
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – All MA and PPO Plans
- Health New England
- Out of Network Benefits