COVID19 UPDATEDuring the COVID19 pandemic I will be continuing to practice remotely using Telehealth. I will continue teaching and seeing clients using this technology. Please take care of yourselves and each other during this challenging time!
Children, Teenagers and Families:
- Behavior Problems
- Legal Problems
- Substance Abuse
- Family Conflict
- School Problems (Behavior, Grades, and Attendance)
- Depression and Anxiety
- ADHD and Bipolar Issues
- Parenting Children with Emotional Challenges
- Depression and Anxiety
- Trauma and It’s Effects
- Relationship Issues
- Young Adult Life / Transitions
- Issues Related to Oppression and Social Identity – Sexual Orientation, Gender, Race, etc
10 Ways I Can Help:
- Focusing on strengths as well as problems
- Believing strongly in the ability for things to change and get better
- Identifying the direction you want to go in and helping you get there
- Focusing on solutions that reflect your values and your actual life circumstances
- Being a friendly, experienced “team player” who advocates for you and your family
- Understanding “what works” having worked with many issues over the years
- Facilitating changes that last after therapy is over.
- Offering new ideas, understanding and strategies
- Supporting you to feel better within 3 sessions*
- Genuinely caring!
*Results may vary but generally you will experience more hope and support within the first few meetings – no one needs one more place to feel unhappy and therapy should be helpful – not another source of stress!
- I’ve been a family and individual therapist for over 25 years
- I am a Fellow of the Child Trauma Academy in Houston, TX and a Phase II / TTT Trained NMT™ practitioner
- I am an Adjunct Associate Professor at Smith College School for Social Work
- I graduated from the Umass Amherst with an M.Ed in Counseling and Smith College School for Social Work with an MSW.
- I’m a former supervisor and director of in home therapy and therapeutic residential programs for youth in CT and MA
- I’m a former Outward Bound Instructor and Peace Corps Volunteer
- I have a lifelong commitment to social justice and serving people with diverse social and cultural backgrounds and identities
- My approach is strength based and family-focused (I believe strongly in family voice and choice)
- I identify the strengths and resources that your family has for solving problems.
- I am very comfortable with challenge and complexity in children and families
- I combine behavioral, relational, and dynamic approaches
- I offer practice support and concrete ideas for helping things improve.
- I have worked with and supported many clients to get on safer, steadier ground
- I am happy to talk with you further about my practice, style and approach
My office is located at 8 Trumbull Rd, Northampton MA 01060
I currently accept clients with the following insurance plans:
- Mass Health: MBHP; Tufts; BMC HealthNet
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – All MA and PPO Plans
- Health New England
- Out of Network Benefits